GENERAL SUBMISSIONS CLOSED FOR THE YEAR 2021
Last day to submit was 31st January, 2021
Submit your work to have a chance to be featured in our future publications and website!
The Liar publishes emerging and established artists from Canada and beyond.
GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Up to three submissions maximum per medium (writing and art) per submission period. Please submit each piece in separate documents.
- We only accept online submissions. Submissions must be sent through submittable as we do not accept mailed submissions.
- Please type all written submissions and only use the doc, docx or pdf formats.
- We prefer new and unpublished submissions, but we also accept submissions that have previously been published in print or online. If you are submitting a previously published piece, please note this in the body of your submission and include where it was published.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. If your work is accepted elsewhere, please let us know.
- We encourage submissions from intersectional identities and marginalized groups such as writers of colour, writers with disabilities, LGBTQ+, low-income writers, and Indigenous writers. Feel free to include in your email if you identify as one or more.
POETRY AND PROSE
- We accept fiction submissions up to 3000 words.
- Hybrid-genre, creative non-fiction, literary essays, creative journalism and personal essays up to 3000 words are welcome, however we do not publish academic essays.
- Hybrid and cross-genre works in poetry are welcome.
- We accept screenplays and dramatic work up to 3000 words.
- We accept poetry and prose translations into English.
- Please include the original author, title and language it was originally published in the body of your submission email.
- We accept photography, traditional, digital, hybrid and experimental art.
- Please submit all art in high resolution (preferably at 300dpi) PDF, TIFF or PNG in CMYK color mode.